“I do not carry a pistol so I can impose my will on someone else. I carry a pistol so someone else cannot impose their will on me! “
– Lynn Givens, Rangemaster
GUN OWNERS TAKE AIM AT CELE.
Mr. Cele, you add insult to injury.
SAPS have ill-treated lawful gun owners for more than 10 years. Now you tell us you are ‘going to fight very hard’ to take away our self-defence firearms.
No Mr. Cele, No!
SA gun laws are amongst the strictest in the world, yet we suffer under maladministration and illegal treatment by the police. You ignore High Court orders that forbid:
- Disabling the SAPS computer systems for renewals.
- Raid the homes of private citizens to illegally confiscate guns.
- Refuse licences to completely qualified applicants.
- Appeal every Court decision against SAPS.
- Ignore service standards set by the Police Portfolio Committee.
- Harass lawful gun dealers.
- Interpret and amend the law and regulations to suit your agenda.
- Draft irrational directives.
- Encourage animosity and distrust between lawful citizens and the SAPS staff who are charged with serving us.
COVID19 has shown us what you think about our civil rights, and the public sees you for the bully that you are. You have made this a personal fight.
Gun Friendly South Africa will expose your trampling of our civil rights. From now on we will be exposing this mistreatment to the media, public and the Police Portfolio Committee in parliament directly. They will receive weekly reports of abuse and maladministration and we have every intention to name and shame the offenders.
Mr. Cele, you have pushed us to the brink. A government that cannot protect its own people has no right to deny that people the right to defend themselves.
Gun Friendly South Africa
THIS PRESS RELEASE HAS APPEARED IN THE FOLLOWING PUBLICATIONS:
The South African